Holy Temple Church of God in Christ
2020 Christmas Letter
2020 Christmas Letter
December 12, 2020
Dear Holy Temple Members and Friends,
Greetings in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and soon-coming King!
I thank God for you and pray for you (Ephesians 3:14-21). Hear ye a Christmas message from Pastor Robert A. Young.
“REALLY GOOD NEWS”
“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the LORD. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:10,11,13,14).
God is Awesome! What a spectacular event! What great Joy as we experience God’s awesome presence and receive His Good News! JESUS CHRIST came into the world to deliver sinners from sin (1Timothy 1:15). Thank you Lord!
Reflecting upon this year of 2020, we all had hopes of hearing some good news. We prayed or wished to finally take a sigh of relief in that the Coronavirus plague and pestilences had been eradicated, that a safe and effective vaccine would be developed; that we would no longer suffer multiple losses of loved ones, and losses of millions worldwide; that our kids would be safe in their schools and our jobs would return; that there would be no more wildfires, floods, hurricanes; we would see an end to religious and political corruption, and that God would finally deliver human beings from the deep seated evil in their hearts. In reality, however, bad news will intensify as we approach the day of Christ’s return (Matthew 24:1-13). Is there no balm in Gilead (Jeremiah 8:22; 46:11)? Is there a Tree of Life whose leaves are for the healing of the nations (Revelation 22:2)? Is there light at the end of the tunnel or a train filled with despair? The late Pastor, Dr. Jimmy C. Haynes said, “The only Hope we have is in Christ Jesus.” God saw the plight of fallen humanity and in His great LOVE for us, “When the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son…to redeem” us, to save lost souls from sin and eternal damnation (John 3:16,17; Galatians 4:4-6).
In JESUS CHRIST we have Good News:
- The Good News; the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Luke 19:10; 1 Corinthians 15:1-3; Romans 10:8-15)
- Deliverance from sin (Matthew 1:21; John 1:29; Acts 3:19; Psalm 32:1-5)
- Forgiveness of sins; healing of our diseases (Psalm 103 :1-4; Matthew 9:1-8; Acts 2:38; 16:30,31; Revelation 1:5,6)
- A Spirit-filled, powerful life (Matthew 3:11; Acts 1:5,8; 2:1-4; Galatians 5:22-25)
- Our prayers heard and answered (Psalm 116; Luke 11:9-13; Ephesians 2:18)
- Fellowship with the saints, holy believers (Acts 2:40-47; 1Thessalonians 1)
- Spiritual revival (Psalm 85:4-6; Acts 3:19-21)
- Comfort for those who mourn (Isaiah 61:1-3; Psalm 91; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- Consolation for those who worry (Matthew 6:24-34; 11:28-30)
- The blessed Hope in Christ’s return (Titus 2:11-14; 1John 3:1-3)
- Hope in death (Job 14:1-15; 1Corinthians 15)
- The Hope of eternal life in Christ (John 3:16; Romans 6:22; Jude 20,21; Revelation 21-22)
“Joy to the World the Lord is Come.” Thank God for sending Jesus Christ, our greatest Christmas Gift (Luke 2:12; Isaiah 9:6)! Now that’s Really Good News! Accept Christ as Lord and Savior in your life, you’ll be glad you did.
Thank you for your prayers, patience, and loving support of the Holy Temple ministry throughout this year. May God bless you and your family. Be saved, be safe.
Love in Christ,
Dr. Robert A. Young, Pastor
HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR!